Re-Solv has been campaigning to keep solvent abuse at the forefront of the public agenda since 1984. Our advocacy work has included:
- In 2019, Re-Solv and Mentor UK commissioned the summary Report for the All Party Parliamentary Group on NPS and VSA from the Public Health Institute, Liverpool John Moores University.
- In 2018, Re-Solv worked with the Advisory & Impact team at Bates Wells to research and publish the first report into The Social Impact of Solvent Abuse.
- In 2017, the ONS agreed to re-examine the data on VSA mortality in England and Wales, resulting in the publication in 2018 of a new report, Deaths related to volatile substances and helium in Great Britain: 2001 to 2016 registrations. This report was updated to include mortality information to 2020.
- The All Party Parliamentary Group on NPS and VSA ran from 2016-2020, with Re-Solv and Mentor UK as joint secretariat.
- In 2014, Re-Solv contributed to the Education & Prevention sub group of the Home Office’s Expert Panel on New Psychoactive Substances.