Education is the key to VSA prevention. Re-Solv believes in giving young people the information they need to make informed decisions about risk-taking behaviours such as substance misuse.
We can offer:
- School sessions either on VSA, or on Teen Drugs (including alcohol and cannabis).
- Teaching resources, lesson plans and guidance on integrating VSA into your PSHE curriculum.
- Materials for raising parental awareness of VSA.
- Guidance on incorporating VSA awareness into your school’s drug policy.
- ‘A Loaded Gun’: DVD and teacher’s guide introducing VSA and the personal and social issues that surround it for Key Stages 3 & 4.
- ‘Silent Killer’: DVD and teacher’s booklet about a community’s memorial walk, ideal for initiating a VSA or broader PSHE discussion.
- ‘Buzzin’: 2-part video and teacher’s booklet for schools in Scotland.
Work with us
All Re-Solv’s educational resources are developed in consultation with teachers and pupils. Resources are then piloted for classroom feedback. If you, your class, or your PSHE / Healthy Schools colleagues would be prepared to take part in future consultations, focus groups or pilot schemes, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact our Youth Liaison Officer for more information, and details of our forthcoming projects. Thank you!