If you, or someone you know, is affected by solvent or volatile substance abuse, you might find online counselling helpful as a means of support.
Online counselling is a form of talking therapy, carried out by email or Skype with a trained practitioner. Our counsellors are from an organisation called Xenzone with whom we work in partnership. Online counselling is completely confidential.
If you are aged 18 or over, please call us at 01785 810762 to find out more, or to arrange your first counselling appointment. We are here any time between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays).
If you are aged 18-24, please also check the list on the next tab as some services for young people do go up to 25.
We are not yet able to provide counselling for everyone under the age of 18. However, we will always help put you in touch with a local service who can help. There are several options:-
Please call us at 01785 810762. We are here any time between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays).
If you live in Staffordshire or Stoke-on-Trent visit Upside to find out how you can access Barnardo’s free online counselling service.
If you live in any of the following areas, you are entitled to online counselling with Xenzone through a service called Kooth. You can visit their site and register for counselling right away. The areas are:-
- Blackpool (if you are 10-16)
- Cheshire East (if you are 11-19)
- Cheshire West & Chester (if you are 11-19)
- Cornwall (if you are 11-19)
- Cumbria (if you are 10-16)
- Devon (if you are 11-25)
- Dudley (if you are 11-25)
- Halton (if you are 11-19)
- Isles of Scilly (if you are 11-25)
- Knowsley (if you are under 25)
- Lewisham (if you are 10-16)
- Lincolnshire (if you are 11-25)
- Nottingham City (if you are 10-25)
- Oldham (if you are 11-25)
- Walsall (if you are 11-25)
- West Sussex (if you are 11-19)
- Wirral (if you are 11-25)